Excited for Windows 8? Or you’re still content with Windows 7? Either way, the wait for getting a demo/preview version of the next operating system from Microsoft is now over as the the Windows 8 Consumer Preview is now available for public download.
Just bear in mind of the system specifications required to run Windows 8 Consumer Preview:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
- To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch
- To access Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
The specifications are the same needed to run Windows 7, so if you’re running it right now, you’d have a smooth time installing and running Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
Download Windows 8 64-bit here (3.3GB).
Download Windows 8 32-bit here (2.5GB).
Windows 8 Product Key: DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J
You check out more information here on Windows 8 Consumer Preview download page here as well as versions available in other languages.
So, would you give Windows 8 a spin? To be honest, I’m a bit curious myself, though I’d still need a touch-capable PC or tablet device in order to fully appreciate its capabilities.
Have fun and enjoy!