However, ever since the upgrade to Ubuntu 11.10, I’ve always had a hard time using Gwibber because for some strange reason it just moves like a glacier on my notebook. Often times, it just crashes.
I know the open-source community can help fix this, but I have hardly the time to get it done so for a quick fix I downloaded and installed a different Twitter client – Turpial.
It’s written in Python, light, fully functional and it simply works. It’s full features are the following:
- Support single column view and multicolumn view (if you are using Multicolumn view it’s look like tweetdeck).
- Colored tweets according to their status (yellow when read. blue when unread, etc).
- Support for identi.ca
- Enhanced Notifications (with further options).
- Customizable image hosting place for uploaded images.
- Customizable preferred service for shorten url service.
You can install Turpial on your Ubuntu machine by using these commands in Terminal:
sudo apt-add-ppa repository: effie-jayx/turpial
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install turpial
Sorry Gwibber, I really looked forward to sending out tweets with you but you just won’t work with me.