With pretty much nothing to do this morning, I happened to chance upon this post by Doc Tess recalling how she and her friends spent the last days of 2007 by having a trivia contest. There were lots of cool trivia questions but what really awakened the geek inside me was the Star Wars trivia questions.
I’m supposed to answer this in the comments section of that post but I figured it would be a good way to kick off my blogging this 2nd day of 2008. Besides, I’ll give Doc Tess lots of link love for this.
So do you know how much of Star Wars geek am I? Let’s see, I’ll answer these questions off the top of my head and if I don’t know the answer, I’ll never Google for it. Swear!
And here we go…
- What is Jar Jar Binks’ height?
- To what race does Jar Jar Binks belong?
- What do you call a Jedi apprentice?
- Who found Anakin in the planet Tatooine and was convinced that he is the “Chosen One” who would bring balance to the Force?
- How do you measure Force-aptitude?
- What is the subtitle of Star Wars IV?
- What are the two reasons why the Council forbade the training of Anakin?
- Who is the first Jedi Padawan to be able to defeat a Sith (within the timeline of the Star Wars movies)?
- What is the name of Jango Fett’s ship?
- What is the secret identity of Senator Palpatine?
- To what race does Chewbacca belong?
- In Star Wars IV, Obi-Wan Kenobi was known to the inhabitants of Tatooine as ________.
- Name 4 sith lords in the Star Wars movies.
- Who was born first, Luke or Leia?
- What is Han Solo’s occupation?
- Where do Ewoks live?
- How did Padme Amidala die?
A: I really don’t know. Perhaps 7 feet? He was taller than Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.
A: He is a Gungan, a native of the planet Naboo.
A: The proper term is Padawan.
A: It was Qui-Gon Jin.
A: Mediclorian blood-count. Those microscopic living things inside every living thing in the universe that, as Qui-Gon once told Anakin, “they tell us the will of the Force.” I just don’t know if I spelled it correctly.
A: A New Hope
A: First, Master Yoda said to Anakin that “Clouded your future is.” Then later he added, “I sense much fear in you.” Ergo, the boy is “too dangerous” to be trained. Master Windu, whom Yoda stole the spotlight from, all had this to say, “The boy is too old.” Poor Anakin, he got pwnd by the top two Jedi Masters!
A: It was Obi-Wan Kenobi when he sliced Darth Maul in half. Though in reality, it was a bit odd, because Darth Maul had the higher ground and clearly he was more skilled in close-quarter combat than Kenobi. Oh well…
A: It was called the Slave I which was designed by Kuat Systems Engineering as Firespray-class patrol and attack ship.
A: He was the evil-genius, bad-ass Sith Lord, Darth Sidious.
A: Chewbacca is a Wookie. Yeah, let’s do the Wookie!!
A: “Old Ben” or “Old Ben Kenobi”
A: Darth Sidious who was also Senator/Emperor Palpatine, he was the Master and his three apprentices who were also referred to as Sith Lords; Darth Maul, Darth Tyrannus who was also Count Dooku, and then the baddest of all Sith Apprentices, Darth Vader who is non other than Anakin Skywalker.
A: If I recall Episode III right, Luke was born first.
A: He was a smuggler.
A: They live on one of the moons of Endor. I think it was the 4th moon of Endor.
A: She died after giving birth the twins Luke and Leia.
Ah, yes. Nostalgic isn’t it? Thanks to Doc Tess for this wonderful trivia, and I have strong feeling this will turn into a meme of some sorts. 😉