In an effort to enrich and push forward the debate on the Reproductive Health Bill, I would like to share some resources for everyone to read in order to have an informed choice about the issue.
Most of the sources below were first published on Sir Martin Perez’ blog, I’ll reproduce it with more additions and updates of my own find:
1. FULL TEXT: HB96 REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH AND POPULATION AND DEVELOPMENT ACT OF 2010 or most popularly known as THE RH BILL. The author is Rep Edcel Lagman.
2. Salient Points of HB 96 – for a layman’s version of the bill
3. FULL TEXT of House Bill No 3387: Comprehensive Reproductive Health Act filed by Gabriela Women’s Party
4. Salient Points of HB 3387 – again, it’s the layman’s version for easy understanding.
5. Reproductive Health Bill (Philippines) @ Wikipedia — for a history of Reproductive health bills, population management policy and current status in the Philippines.
IN SUPPORT OF THE RH BILL
The following are from the collection of Blogwatch.ph
8. REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH IN THE PHILIPPINES: RESPONSIBILITIES AND REALITIES by Elizabeth Angsioco National Chairperson Democratic Socialist Women of the Philippines (DSWP)
AGAINST THE RH BILL
16. When does life begin? a position paper by the Association of Pro-life Physicians.
Middle ground of sorts
Even if there are more pro-RH resources in this list, it doesn’t mean that you should also be pro-RH or that I am pro-RH, categorically to say the least.
Most of the sources from Blogwatch.ph’s collection are from the University of the Philippines.
If you have more references, including your own, please share it with us through the comments below.
May these help you in making your own informed decision about the Reproductive Health bill.