In case you have forgotten, the H1N1 virus is still out there and it’s still a big threat to us all. So let’s not put our guards down and just continue the preventive measures we’ve become accustomed to by now like frequent hand-washing, covering our mouth while coughing and staying healthy.
Fortunately, we can all be geeky and healthy at the same time thanks to this cool new gadget called the H1N1 Destroying UV Wand.
This UV wand eliminates the H1N1 virus from surfaces using safe UV-C light–the same technology trusted to sanitize hospital surfaces. Tests performed by an independent antimicrobial testing laboratory showed the wand destroyed 99.98% of the H1N1 virus after a five-second exposure when held 3/4″ above the contaminated surface. Also capable of killing MRSA, mold, and dust mites, the UV-C light penetrates viral and bacterial membranes and destroys their DNA, rendering the microorganisms incapable of reproduction and survival. Unlike liquid disinfectants, UV-C light can sanitize keyboards, upholstered furniture, cell phones, or any delicate surface that harbors germs. The cordless wand shuts off automatically if the light is turned upward. Operates for 90 minutes after an eight-hour charge via AC. 24″ L x 5″ W x 2 1/2″ D. (3 lbs.)
Sounds like something out of science fiction right? Well, for just $69.95 you could use it right away to disinfect and kill those dreaded bacteria, molds, dust mites and of course the H1N1 virus.
I wonder what’s next? wireless laser mice that measure your blood sugar and blood pressure? 😉
Anyone interested in this gadget? What are your thoughts?