Perhaps in preparation for the upcoming Christmas holidays, Canon has slated to release new six new digital cameras under its PowerShot line.
Among them, is the Canon PowerShot SD980 IS which is the first PowerShot digicam that comes with a touch screen LCD for more functionality and ease of use.
Here’s an overview of the PowerShot SD980 from Canon:
Canon’s iconic ELPH has always been a show-off, with the looks and smarts that make you want to carry it out in the open for everyone to see. The PowerShot SD980 IS takes the concept even further with Canon’s first-ever touch panel interface. The camera that invented sleek and slim is equipped with a huge 3-inch PureColor System LCD screen that responds to your touch, delivering operation that’s as natural and intuitive as cutting-edge technology should be. Four opulent color options are the icing on the cake.
- Large 3.0-inch wide touch panel PureColor System LCD with a cool cutting-edge interface, plus an updated Active Display for quickly switching between images during playback with a shake of the camera.
- 5x Optical Zoom with ultra-wide 24mm lens, plus Canon’s Optical Image Stabilizer and 12 Megapixels for amazing resolution and editing.
- 720p HD movie shooting capability plus HDMI output connector for easy playback of video and photos on your HDTV.
- Comes in four opulent colors: Silver, Blue, Purple, and Gold.
- Improved Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on 22 predefined shooting situations.
Those who love point-and-shoot digicams would be smiling now that most of the manufacturers have been steadily rolling out new models with more features and functionalities.
With the SD980 IS finally sporting a touchscreen LCD panel, fans of the PowerShot line would surely find this new feature very convenient.
It’s slated to be released beginning this August to October this year and would retail at $329.99 US.